WE are Empowering women in the environment field through education, encouragement, outreach and networking
Women in the Environment (WE) is a group of dynamic women who are conquering the challenges of the environmental industries such as recycling companies and co-ops, environmental law, sustainable building and remodeling for commercial and residential real estate, environmental engineering, landfill diversion techniques, and sustainable marketing to name a few.
These women are active in many other organizations in the market and draw upon the expertise of their network to meet and exceed the expectations of the customers. You will be surrounded by a group of passionate professionals interested in driving business to you as a means of building awareness about the environmental industries that can positively impact our region.
WE facilitates meetings and tours throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth market at local recyclers and processors, higher education campuses, corporate headquarters, airports and manufacturing plants.
An Opportunity for Environmental Leadership!
Seeking Additional Board Members
The WE Board has decided to expand its leadership and is encouraging interested members to apply. The ladies of WE have been meeting and sharing knowledge since 2004; so many great experiences and friendships!
Our group is dedicated to connecting women that work in the environmental field, supporting each other, enhancing our careers and giving opportunities to learn.
Our members work in the many different disciplines of the green industry; such as environmental law, engineering, waste management, sustainable development, non-profit organizations, etc. They work for municipalities, engineering firms, specialty recycling companies, commercial real estate companies, marketing and consulting firms, manufacturing, healthcare organizations, and many more industries. This diversity of membership allows for a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many disciplines of “Green”.
Time to get involved! WE needs your help and leadership to make all of our goals happen.
We have just launched our updated website (www.womenintheenvironment.org) and we are contracting a marketing and social media consultant to help promote and coordinate our activities! So much to do with so many ideas and suggestions, but leadership and “people time” is needed to execute these amazing plans and take WE to the next level.
Two Board Positions Open: Treasurer and Director at Large
Expectations & Requirements:
- A history of involvement with environmental activities; either as a professional or through volunteer activities.
- Consistent attendance at our monthly board meetings; second Tuesday of each month, from 11:30pm-1:00pm. (Some participation will be allowed via remote electronic access)
- Involvement with at least one of the committees: Events, Membership, Technology & Marketing
- Two year term, with the potential option of two more consecutive terms.
If you are interested, or would like more info, please contact one of our current board members:
- President: Terry Shultz, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, 817-707-2448
- Vice President: Cylena Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-623-8529
- Secretary: Emily Galpin, email@example.com, 817-939-1110
- Treasurer: Linda Pavlik, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director at Large: Emily Leftwich, email@example.com, 412-310-4811
- Director at Large: Brenda Finch, firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Membership Registration: https://2017wemembership.eventbrite.com/
Meet Our Board of Directors 2017